Altran announced that it has more than 50 active 5G-related projects underway worldwide. The engagements span all major regions – North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific – and serve a broad range of clients, including communications service providers (CSPs), network equipment providers (NEPs), semiconductor makers, other large corporate enterprises, industry consortiums and public-sector institutions.
“We have been doubling down on 5G as one of our main areas of focus, and we’re delighted to share that our efforts and investment are bearing fruit,” said Dominique Cerutti, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Altran. “Our main challenge for accelerating even faster growth in 5G-related products and services is finding the talent that meets our high standards. There is a strong demand for advice and support across the entire 5G ecosystem. We will continue to invest in our capabilities to help clients realize their 5G vision.”
Some of the major use cases include:
- 5G network accelerators: End-to-end solutions including radio access network (RAN), core, transport, cloud and edge computing
- 5G R&D services for test equipment vendors and NEPs
- System integration and consulting for network architecture and deployment planning
- Semiconductors: 5G radio solutions on field programmable gate arrays (FPGA) and very large- scale integration (VLSI) testing
- Automotive: 5G road safety for assisted driving, vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communication, road optimization and obstacle detection
- Industry 4.0: Advanced robotics, enhanced maintenance and operations using augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), logistic services, asset tracking, real-time monitoring and predictive maintenance
- Consumer: 5G retail solutions, a live hologram for an international broadcaster and real-time gaming with ultra-low latency
- Public safety: Search-and-rescue missions with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Health care: Mobile clinic and ambulance service and avatar simulation to encourage treatment
Tell Us What You Think!