Austin, Texas, August 1st, 2013 – Averna, an industry-leading developer of test solutions and services for communications and electronics device-makers worldwide, announced the availability of RF Studio for National Instruments Software Defined Radio Platform (USRPTM), converting the USRP into a portable and cost-effective RF system for the recording and playback of real-world GNSS signals.
National Instruments USRP is an affordable, PC-hosted platform used with NI LabVIEW system design software to build powerful wireless communications systems for research and education. RF Studio is Averna’s proprietary software platform designed to streamline work with real-world RF signals. It provides user-friendly modules for capturing, processing, analyzing, archiving, and playing back RF spectrum while also maintaining the signal-recording context.
Working together, Averna and National Instruments teams developed RF Studio for the USRP, an innovative and portable solution to record and play back live RF environments to accelerate RF project work. RF Studio’s LabVIEW compatible plug-in support delivers great value to LabVIEW users as it gives them quick access to a rich toolset for their in-house applications, and supports additional capture sources and customized views.
RF Studio for the USRP Features:
- Record and play back real-world RF signals, up to 40 MHz wide.
- Capture actual RF spectrum like FM, DAB, GPS, GLONASS, and cellular.
- Visualize and record weak signals with the Noise Figure view.
- Advance signal analysis with the Spectrum, Histogram, and Power views.
- Use simple RF-chain configuration tools to quickly detect and set up the recording environment.
- DriveViewTM option: Log video, audio and NMEA data at the same time as recording RF.
For more information, visit www.averna.com.