Mobile coupon usage has increased by 119% over the last six months at Cellfire. Some findings the company recently announced:
- California tops the list of areas with the highest per capita usage of mobile coupons.
- 70% of mobile coupon redemptions were from shoppers under 34 years old, but redemption by consumers over 34 years old tripled in the last six months and now represents 30% of mobile coupon users.
- The majority of discounts were redeemed on Tuesdays, Sundays, Wednesdays
Top cities in America that are mobile coupon super savers include:
1. Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA (previously #2)
2. Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (previously #4)
3. San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA (previously #7)
4. Atlanta, GA (previously #10)
5. Monterey/Salinas, CA (previously #14)
Cellfire raised $12 million from new investor Silver Creek Ventures and existing investors, including Menlo Ventures and Storm Ventures. Proceeds will be used to expand the company’s sales and marketing efforts, as well as increasing product functionality, business development and partnership activities.
Cellfire says it is available on all U.S. wireless carriers; its list of merchants includes Hardee’s, Hollywood Video, Taco Bueno, Wienerschnitzel and other local merchants across the country. Cellfire also recently announced partnerships with 75 Supercuts stores in New England and various Extreme Pita U.S. locations.