RFEL will be launching the latest version of its multi-award winning, advanced Channeliser IP core, ChannelCore Flex™ at the DSEI show on booth S4-152 in the UK Pavilion at ExCel, London on 15-18 September 2015. ChannelCore Flex 3.1 has many new features that ensure it continues to provide highly versatile, state-of-the-art solutions for a wide range of demanding channelization applications such as communications, intercept, electronic warfare, security, industrial applications, COMINT, SIGINT, sonar, radio astronomy, research and software-defined radio.
To further assist customers with evaluation of ChannelCore Flex 3.1, a fully functional but time limited version is provided on RFEL’s recently announced, qu-IQ™ signal processing development platform.
The new features of ChannelCore Flex include:
- Up to 4 inputs are now supported – giving improved application flexibility.
- Global frequency adjustment – a front-end frequency mixer stage allows for global frequency correction on each input channel, to counter effects like Doppler, for example, to accuracies much lower than 1 Hz.
- An input buffer provides flow control – supporting network sourced baseband data for example.
- The input sample rate and FPGA clock rate are now decoupled – the aggregate channel sample rate limit is now a function of FPGA clock rate.
- Inclusion of Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) in addition to the Finite Impulse Response (FIR) output filter stage – provides more effective filter response with reduce resource utilization.
The channels can be programmed in real-time with center frequency, bandwidth, gain and filter response. A powerful fractional rate resampler and adjustable overall gain helps make ChannelCore Flex a unique solution.