Keysight Technologies, Inc. presented the latest communications design and test solutions, along with its leading edge 5G wireless simulation and test solutions, at Mobile World Congress, Hall 1, Booth 1E10 and Hall 2, the Keysight Wireless Innovation podiums, Barcelona, on Feb. 22-25.
The Keysight demonstrations focused on high-performance design and test solution requirements of the multiple usage scenarios of 5G mobile communications. This includes enhanced mobile broadband, massive machine-type communications and ultra-reliable and low latency communications. The demonstrations covered multiple aspects of the enabling technologies, such as new waveforms, wideband micro-wave and millimeter-wave communications, and multiple-antenna techniques such as Massive MIMO.
Keysight is an active participant in many influential wireless standards bodies and leading 5G global initiatives. Keysight also collaborates with industry-leading companies and academia to enable the next-generation of wireless communications systems. They presented the following breakthrough 5G and 802.11ad solutions at the show.
- Multi-channel mmWave OTA testing with S-Series Oscilloscope and M1971E waveguide mixers – quasi-optics radio propagation at 73 GHz solution using advantages of remote heads with standard baseband equipment mmWave channel behavior in presence of blockage, scatters, different polarization of the horn antennas, etc.
- Real-time beamforming measurement with an M9703A digitizer, M8195A AWG, SystemVue W1462 FPGA architect and W1906 5G library – the solution offers 8 channels of wide band stimulus and measurement in a single 5 slot AXIe chassis solution. Modulation analysis and beam weighting algorithms developed in SystemVue and deployed into the M9703A FPGA using the integrated design flow in the SystemVue FPGA Architect.
- Latest mmWave design validation and manufacturing solutions for 802.11ad characterization.
Keysight also demonstrated the following in Hall 2, Hospitality Suite Wireless Innovation podiums, a semi-private/invitation area.
- UXM Wireless Test Set – 1 Gbps end to end IP data testing with higher order MIMO and Carrier Aggregation; executing the leading edge of high-speed downloads with LTE-A Pro using three component carriers including 4×4 MIMO and 2×2 MIMO. The test set also features 1.6 Gbps data rates via four component carriers with 4×4 downlink MIMO, as well as support for five component carriers in two UXMs.
- UXA Signal Analyzer – End-to-end wideband 5G and millimeter wave generation and analysis solution, including industry-leading performance enhancements with integrated analysis bandwidth of 1 GHz at millimeter-wave frequencies.
“In design and test, our 5G simulation and measurement solutions help industry leaders innovate across new and existing technologies as we all transform ideas into 5G reality,” said Guy Séné, senior vice president, worldwide sales, Keysight. “Being first and best in 5G depends on tools that allow for exploration of new signals, scenarios and topologies. Keysight has developed comprehensive 5G electronic design, simulation and test tools to help engineers gain greater insight into research and early development processes.”
Keysight will show its UXM and UXA wireless solutions, as well as other new wireless test solutions, and Anite will show its METIS Channel Emulators wireless solutions in Hall 2, Keysight Wireless Innovation podiums. Anite is now part of Keysight Technologies.
Keysight’s 5G communications design and test solutions are located in Hall 1, Booth 1E10. Keysight experts will be available to schedule time to discuss mobile communications design and test solution and 5G wireless test and simulation requirements.
About Keysight in 5G
The development of 5G depends on up-to-date tools that let designers easily explore new signals, scenarios and topologies. Keysight’s 5G solutions are ready to enable deeper insights as development evolves with the standard. In design and test, Keysight is helping industry leaders innovate across new and existing technologies as they transform ideas into reality. Additional information about Keysight’s 5G design, test and measurement solutions is available at www.keysight.com/find/5G.