Lantronix today announced the launch of its new patent-pending xPrintServer™ Home Edition, designed specifically for home use by consumers requiring USB printer or network connectivity. About the size of an iPhone®, the new xPrintServer Home Edition is premiering at today’s Digital Experience, a leading consumer electronics media event in New York.
A follow-on product to the hugely popular network version of the xPrintServer, the new Home Edition provides easy, hassle-free printing from iPads®, iPhones or any other Apple® iOS® device. Designed specifically for home use, the xPrintServer Home Edition works with printers that are connected directly to a computer via a USB port and can support up to two network printers. Now iOS users can wirelessly print emails, web pages, photos, and more to their existing printer without needing to install any software or device drivers. The xPrintServer Home Edition is simple; no need to connect to your PC or Mac. Plug it in and begin printing. In addition, multiple PCs or MACs will now be able to share the USB printers over the network. The product will begin shipping in July 2012 and is available for pre-ordering now at store.Lantronix.com.
The xPrintServer – Home Edition: Key Differentiators
• Ease of use. No IT experience required. Simply open the box, plug it in, print.
• No software. No software or apps to purchase, install, or support.
• One xPrintServer, Multiple Printers and Users! Preserve your investment in legacy printers. One xPrintServer Home Edition supports multiple USB printers, up to two network-connected printers, and an unlimited number of iOS devices and users.
• No configuration. The xPrintServer auto-discovers and auto-provisions your printers.
• Always-on. Unlike most app solutions, does not require a PC or Mac to be on.
• Print everything. If you can view it, open it, or read it on your iOS device, you can print it with the xPrintServer.
The xPrintServer: Open it. Plug it in. Print!
The xPrintServeris an easy-to-use hardware solution that utilizes the iOS native print menu and requires no additional applications, software downloads, or printer driver installations. With automatic printer discovery and no configuration, printing is hassle-free. Simply open the box, plug in the xPrintServer via USB cable, and print wirelessly from any iOS device running iOS version 4.2 or later, to virtually any USB or network-connected printer.
Posted by Sara Cohen, Editorial Intern
July 2, 2012