IEEE has 80 Internet of Things (IoT) related standards with 45 more currently in development, ranging from telecommunications and information exchange in metropolitan area networks to device specific personal health communication.
As we enter an age of absolute connectivity, how can we be certain that the exchange of big data is accurate and secure? Should we even have the expectation of privacy and security for each IoT device?
On this episode of Engineering Live, Editorial Director David Mantey will discuss:
- Securing the internet of things, network security challenges, and potential threats.
- Current standards, and expectations for next generation IoT standards.
- Lessons from our past that will provide for a better connected future.
- Dr. Chuck Adams, past president of the IEEE standards association and Huawei’s distinguished standards specialist
- Tim Skutt, Director of Product Management, Wind River
- Ernie Rudolph, Executive Vice President, Icon Labs
- Lance Dover, Director of Product Architecture, Micron’s Embedded Business Unit