The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON), today announced updates to the technical program. The conference, which will focus on power amplifiers, semiconductors and software for 5G wireless communications and the Internet of Things (IoT), will take place from April 24-25, 2017.
The two-day program has two parallel technical tracks, covering topics such as active circuits, measurement techniques, passive devices, power amplifiers, antennas, wireless communications, reconfigurable devices, and an interactive forum. See below for a list of highlights from keynote speakers, panelists, and tutorials.
- The impact of Silicon as an emerging technology for 5G Circuits and System Solutions, Paul Colestock, founding director and currently head of the Exploratory Design Group at GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- PA Design for Future Wireless Systems, Zoya Popovic, Distinguished Professor Hudson Moore Jr. Endowed Chair of the Department of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering at the University of Colorado, Boulder
- The Push and Pull of Technology Solutions for 5G – 5G represents a strong, yet still not completely defined, market pull for new and cost effective technology solutions. This pull is driving the push for advances in semiconductors, circuit design, test and simulation, heterogeneous integration and packaging. This panel will allow speakers to present their perspectives on the push and pull of the solutions required to realize the promise of 5G for practical applications.
- Vincent Pelliccia, VP of Business Development, Anokiwave
- Paul Colestock, Ph.D., Founding Director, Head of Exploratory Design Group, GlobalFoundries
- Moray Rumney, Lead Technologist, Keysight Technologies
- Takao Inoue, Ph.D., Wireless Solutions Architect, AWR Group, National Instruments
- Bror Peterson, Principle Systems Engineer, Infrastructure and Defense Products, Qorvo
- Flexible Radio Access Beyond 5G: A Future Projection, Huseyin Arslan, Ph.D., IEEE Fellow Professor, University of South Florida
Dinner Banquet Speaker
- Dr. Linda Katehi, Sustainability and the 4th Industrial Revolution
WAMICON returns to Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront on Florida’s space coast. Those interested in securing exhibit space or sponsoring can contact Jim Assurian email@example.com or David Zavac firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional details visit www.wamicon.org
WAMICON 2017 Publicity Chair
WAMICON 2017 Publicity Co-chair