LG Electronics and Dolby Laboratories have signed an agreement that will let LG embed Dolby Mobile Technology into its handsets, making LG the first handset maker to incorporate the audio processing technology platform.
Dolby Mobile is designed to allow customers to optimize and tailor audio for an enhanced entertainment experience. LG plans to include these features into some of its multimedia phones:
- Mobile Surround: delivers a realistic surround sound experience using headphones.
- Sound Space Expander: creates a spacious soundstage experience especially suited to music playback.
- Natural Bass: adds powerful boost and bass extension.
- High-Frequency Enhancer: enhances music and other content by restoring high-frequency effects.
- Graphic EQ: helps tune the audio experience for different content types.
- Sound Level Control: helps level out audio for a more consistent playback volume.
- Mono-to-Stereo Converter: improves the playback experience of user-generated content.
LG plans to introduce the Dolby features on its phones by Q4 2008.