The SignalPROFILER combines the power and functionality of cable and antenna system analysis, fiber inspection, spectrum analysis, cellular signal demodulation, interference analysis, signal coverage mapping and RF/Optical power measurements in a single instrument.
As a multi-functional instrument, the SignalPROFILER can be configured to meet specific test needs at the time of purchase or at a later date as test needs evolve. Additional measurement capability can be added on the fly in the field in a matter of seconds.
Designed specifically for wireless communication field engineers and technicians who install, maintain and troubleshoot wireless communication sites, the SignalPROFILER was developed to get the job done right the first time – with multiple features that deliver accurate results, improve productivity and reduce OPEX and CAPEX.
Key measurements include:
- Distance-to-Fault (DTF) identifies the fault location of impairments within the cell-site transmission cable system. Fault location impairments and discontinuities can be detected by either DTF-Return Loss or DTF-VSWR measurements.
- Interference Analysis can detect signal as low as -158 dBm and supports dual spectrogram display, RSSI, signal strength and signal ID capabilities.
- Fiber Inspection eliminates the most common fiber link problems by verifying that fiber optic connectors are not contaminated, letting customers quickly inspect and clean connector connections with a clear pass/fail indication.
- RF/Optical Power Meter displays either RF/Optical power level. Configurable settings include display range, maximum and minimum limits and power units in either dBm or Watts. Customers can set minimum and maximum power limits to automatically indicate pass/fail status.
- Cellular Signal Analysis provides detailed insight to LTE-FDD, LTE-TDD, WCDMA/HSDPA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA/EV-DO, GSM/GPRS/EDGE signals and modulation quality.