FEI (Hillsboro, OR) recently released ExSolve, an automated, high-throughput sample preparation workflow for transmission electron microscopy (TEM) analysis. The ExSolve wafer TEM prep (WTP):
- Reduces the cost and increases the speed of sample preparation, providing semiconductor and data storage manufacturers with quick and easy access to the data they need to verify and monitor process performance.
- Can prepare site-specific TEM lamella, sampling many sites per wafer in a fully-automated process inside the fab, giving semiconductor manufacturers much more information than conventional approaches, while at the same time reducing the capital cost of sample preparation by up to 70 percent.
- Is an automated, high-throughput sample preparation system.
- Can prepare site-specific, 20 nm thick lamellae on whole wafers up to 300 mm in diameter.
- Is part of a fast, complete workflow that includes TEMLink and the Metrios TEM.
- Includes FOUP handling.
- Is designed to be located in the fab near the manufacturing line.
- Addresses the needs of customers that require automated, high-throughput sampling at advanced technology nodes.
- Complements the capabilities of FEI’s Helios NanoLab DualBeam 1200AT, which provides more flexible, operator-directed, sample preparation methods, along with additional capabilities such as high-resolution scanning electron microscopy (SEM) imaging and analysis.
For more information, please visit www.FEI.com/ExSolve.