Skyworks has introduced SKY12239-11, a voltage-controlled variable attenuator (VVA) from our series of broadband, flat attenuation, high third order input intercept point (IIP3) products. The device has been designed to operate over the 10 MHz to 1.5 GHz frequency band, and is specifically optimized for use as a wide dynamic range, ultra-low distortion attenuator. This VVA is well-suited for use in automatic power leveling or gain control circuits in military radio, wireless infrastructure, CATV and broad market applications.
Features include low insertion loss for improved transceiver efficiency, high IP3 of +50 dBm and ultra-low distortion for low noise transceiver applications. The solution provides monotonic attenuation performance over its entire control voltage range and it comes in a compact MCM package (8-pin, 3.8 x 3.8 x 1 mm) with no external components required.
- 10 MHz to 1.5 GHz broadband operating range
- Low insertion loss: 2.5 dB @ 700 MHz
- Maximum attenuation level: 40 dB @ 700 MHz
- Control voltage range: 1 to 5 V
- High IIP3: +50 dBm
- Low current consumption: < 2 mA @ maximum attenuation
- Small MCM (8-pin, 3.8 x 3.8 x 1 mm) package (MSL3, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-02
Click here to learn more.