Verizon Wireless is adopting the latest version of Gemalto‘s LinqUs Advanced OTA 1 (AOTA) solution for its 4G LTE services.
AOTA supports a more sophisticated, robust card management tool for Verizon’s growing network demands and is a scalable, secure framework for deploying solutions. The solution will allow Verizon to address new markets like IoT, M2M, and other emerging business opportunities. The LinqUs AOTA framework also enables Verizon to integrate functionality such as Trusted Services Hub (TSH), roaming management, and secure mobile authentication for digital signature services.
Sprint has entered into a Lifeline agreement with i-wireless, LLC to will merge Sprint’s Assurance Wireless and i-wireless’ Access Wireless into one entity. The entity will operate under the name i-wireless and will be led by i-wireless Founder and CEO Paul McAleese. Sprint will own 70 percent of the business, with i-wireless owning the remaining 30 percent.
Brightstar Corp., a specialized wireless distributor, announced the addition of Alan Eland as Chief Operating Officer, effective May 2.
Eland will oversee Brightstar’s Information Technology, service delivery and logistics initiatives, and will report to President and CEO, Jaymin B. Patel. Globally, he will be responsible for aligning all IT and service delivery platforms across the company’s six continents of operation.
AT&T announced each of the 12 nominees for its board of directors were reelected for one-year terms at the company’s shareholder meeting last week.
AT&T stockholders also voted to approve the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the company’s independent auditor (98.5% of votes cast in favor); the compensation of AT&T’s executive officers as described in the 2016 proxy statement (90.1% of votes cast in favor); and ratification of AT&T’s 2016 Incentive Plan (93.1% of votes cast in favor).
Three shareholder proposals were defeated by a large margin, including suggestions for a political contributions report (71.0% of votes cast against), lobbying report (66.1% of votes cast against) and independent chairman (76.3% of votes cast against).